Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Rez 'em if you got 'em

Right...I have to start somewhere, so I may as well make it the beginning. After hearing my RL friend Ostara (that's his SL name) gush about Second Life, I decided to at least give it a skeptical try. I started my Second Life account on November 13, 2006, but I didn't really start using it until a couple of weeks later. I was limited to using my work computer (an Apple G5) during my lunchbreak because my home computer's video card was about 7 years old and wouldn't run SL. No, I'm not kidding.

After a couple of days I got the hang of things, but things really started happening for me once I got a new video card for my home computer. That meant I could be on for more than an hour at a time, in any state of dress and also intoxicated if I so pleased. So, one night after getting stoned and possibly drunk as well, I took my avatar from as close as I could possibly get to looking like I do irl (using sliders) to this rather cute (imo) ghostly cyberpunk chick:

October Hush


Yes, I thought I looked rather good, shut up. The photo above is the earliest photo I have of my avatar. The one that I used at the very beginning is gone forever. How sad. Not really.

I spent the next couple of weeks more or less stuck in Dublin at an Irish pub called The Blarney Stone, due to the fact that I didn't know how to get around teleport issues that we were having at the time. Obviously, I did finally figure that one out, and LL also fixed the issue eventually anyway.

And this seems like as good of a place to stop as any, to be continued sometime soon. I'm sure you can't wait.

No comments: