Thursday, January 10, 2008

Midian City Tober's Diary #26

Tober's diary is composed in a small, hardbound book that she keeps with her.

Well, Duke and I are officially "dating"...as much as it's possible to "date" someone here. I like him...he's very sweet and really cute, but I'm a bit worried about his history with the Pack. I know that they still hassle him about leaving the Pack, and I got to witness it first-hand.

Speaking of the Pack, I guess we lost the "war" with them, because they're now allowed back in Midian, though still not allowed on our territory: the catwalks and roofs. What really bothers me is not that the Pack is back in Midian, or even that we lost, but the fact that there was a "war" at all. I have a unique perspective, having been both a member of the Pack and now a member of the Catwalkers, and I honestly think all the animosity started with some kind of minor misunderstanding and escalated from there. But, I guess it doesn't matter now. Hopefully we can put all this behind us.

Duke & Tober
Duke and Tober at The Twilight Zone, where Duke works

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think all wars come from minor misunderstandings made major from lack of compassion and arrogance.

I like the name Duke. Patty Duke, Duke of Earl, Duke of Windsor, put up your dukes, duke it out, Duke Ellington, dookie doo, Grand Duke, David Duke, Dukedom. It has a lot of personality.

You two look cute together.

October Hush said...

I agree with you, Sera...I think wars are started the same way, too.

And thank you! It's funny to see how tiny I am compared to Duke in this photo. He could pick me up by the ankles and swing me around over his head, I think.

Anonymous said...

"He could pick me up by the ankles and swing me around over his head"
Only if you don't put up a fight. Otherwise... Everyone knows size doesn't matter.

A Mithra named Alth Aaiaa (Althaia) said...

Hiya, October! Just wanted to say I LOVE your look! I'm trying to create my own Neko in SL, searching around for where I might get neko stuff... hopefully I'll have found something by the time you read this, but if not, do you think you could post some beginner neko information in your blog, or here on this comments page? I'll be checking back. :)

Nevermind my ridiculously long username, it's for a game, lol.

October Hush said...

Hi! Thanks for the compliments =)

Three places for you to check out for neko stuff: Temenos Island, Hybrid, and Gritty Kitty.

That'll get you started.

Anonymous said...

Love your new look Tober very cute ;)

- During my time in the Catwalkers, I never did understand the 'War' with The Pack. The simplest misunderstanding can seemingly blow up into one big conflict. . . Who knows, at least you're getting things worked out =^_^=

Oi I think I remember duke from months ago, a good fellow he is, hope it all works out =^_^=

Anonymous said...

Hey hey,
I doubt if you remember me, I stopped hitting SL back in Dec '07 due to an inferiority complex that my laptop had, so it proceeded to die. Well, I'm looking to get myself back into the Midian City Social Network whilst saving for a new computer to handle SL.
Thought I'd have a gander at your blog and noticed Duke seems to be around in Midian still from what your Diary says.
Do pass on my hellowness if you see him, and maybe I'll be back in Midian soon.