Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Midian City Tober's Diary #7

Tober's diary is composed in a small, hardbound book that she keeps with her.

It's been two days since I last ate. Most of the time I keep myself sedated with my stash of Valium so I just sleep. Every day I drag myself up to the deck to hear what announcements the captain has to make, and this is what we know so far: We are off the coast of the island city of Midian. Most of the passengers thought this place didn't exist, but I knew better. I've heard it called the worst city in existence. I've heard it called a penal colony, like Australia used to be. I've heard it called a hive of criminal activity and crazies. Maybe it's all of these, I don't know...but I think we're going to find out.

The captain has announced that they would start sending lifeboats to Midian, and from there we would be rescued. I suspect I would not be high on the list of people to leave first, considering I'm technically still part of the crew, a lowly maid and an even lowlier neko. But what do I know? They're going to load the first lifeboat in a couple of hours. I'm going to pack up what little I have anyway and hope for the best. Most people seem to be hanging around topside, ready to jockey for position, and I guess I should do the same.

There seems to be fewer people now than when the cruise started, which means that a significant number of people have either died, are sick or injured, or have found another way off the ship. I just don't know. But I'm going to do whatever I can to get off of this thing. I'll write more later, hopefully from on land.

Chapter 8 will be posted tomorrow!

2 comments:

tiana meriman said...

i hope tobie makes it on land ok. if this boat is like the titanic and i wouldnt be suprise it is, everyone is going to fight to get on the lifeboats but not enough boats for everyone :(

October Hush said...

You will find out very shortly because I'm posting the next chapter right now! The suspense will be broken, I promise you =)