Saturday, May 19, 2007

Midian City Tober's Diary #2

Tober's diary is composed in a small, hardbound book that she keeps with her.

The justice system here in Port One is complete and total bullshit. It's so obvious and blatant, it's unbelievable. Even though I told my parole officer what my skills were, they assigned me a job working as a maid. He said that this was the "only suitable job for me, especially being a neko." My housing was assigned according to my job, so I'm now housed with another convict-cum-maid, a human girl named Tracy, in one of the government housing buildings downtown. We share one room which has a small "kitchen" against one wall and an asian-style wet bathroom with a squat toilet. Our building has a curfew of 10pm. We don't have to be in here by that time if we don't want to, but if we want to get in after 10pm, we're shit out of luck. So basically, it's like prison, but not really. So it looks like I'm stuck here for the next two years.

Thank god Tracy is cool. She's 20, and was convicted on multiple counts of shoplifting and petty theft. I guess it's a good thing I don't have anything valuable in my possession. She did offer to give me some tips on how to steal, though I don't know how useful that would be considering she got caught in the end. But, I guess it could come in handy if I get really desperate one day. Ugh, once upon a time I would have never considered theft, now it actually seem like a viable option.

Anyway, we both work for the same maid service. The ultimate irony is that Tracy and I have to clean the mansion of the judge that sentenced me, along with some other places. My parole officer said he requested me specifically because he "thought I was a very cute kitty". Gross! Tracy and I are under watch at the judge's place, so it's not like we can pinch things from there, but Tracy seems to think we might be able to do it at the other places we clean. She doesn't think we'd get caught. It doesn't seem like it to me either, but what do I know?

I can't believe this is what my life has devolved to. It wasn't supposed to be like this. God, I miss my dad so much. Fuck.

No comments: