Monday, May 21, 2007

Midian City Tober's Diary #3

Tober's diary is composed in a small, hardbound book that she keeps with her.

It's funny the way world works sometimes...how life can change so drastically in such a short period of time. I never thought I would be doing any of this now. Tracy and I have been stealing things that people wouldn't miss. These are all rich people we clean for. They leave money in drawers and prescription drugs in their medicine cabinets, sometimes they leave real drugs in places that are easy to find. And it's not the shit you find on the street either...stuff like pure coke, high quality weed, ecstacy, K, some are even into dope too, but I won't touch that. I know better. We're not stupid, we just skim whatever people have so that they will never notice anything is missing. I let Tracy get rid of anything we want cash for, and we split it 60% to her and 40% to me.

Some nights she and I just sit out on the roof of the building, listening to music and getting high. I love taking K. I snort that and I feel myself melt away. Tracy pets me and holds onto me when I'm really out of it. Sometimes we'll take E, and instead of it being a happy time, it'll bring out all the stuff we've been holding inside. We'll just tell each other everything and cry like little girls. She thinks it's cute if I have a lot of nip because I start to act more like a cat than a person. Sometimes I don't remember any of it. It's all an escape anyway.

There's an opening for a couple of positions as maids on one of the cruise ships here. Tracy and I are trying to figure out a way to get on there. It would be a chance to get out of Port One, at least for a little while anyway. I've never been on a cruise. Even still working as a maid, it's got to be better than my situation now. At least I'll get sunshine and fresh air, maybe see some of the nicer islands that weren't affected by the war. They probably have good food. I'll bet the people on the cruise tip well too.

I really want to get on that ship. I need to get out of here.

No comments: